Tuesday 7 July 2015

Wimbledon 2015

On Thursday 2nd of July, I took a day out of watching netflix and staying in bed, and went to Wimbledon with my mum as we were lucky enough to get tickets in the ballot.
This post is not going to be much about the actual tennis, although if that's something you're interested in hearing about, let me know via the comments or social media, instead I'm going to talk about the atmosphere and the many photography opportunities.










While taking photos of the tennis players, I decided photographing sports is one of my favourite things to photograph. I loved having to time the photos perfectly to get the shot. I didn't put the continuous photo option on my camera as I felt it took away a lot of the excitement (and would have annoyed the people around me who were already giving me evils!).








Crowds are another one of my favourite things to photograph, I enjoy playing with the centre of focus. Wimbledon was brilliant for that, there were people everywhere, however the crowds weren't angry and hard to navigate but instead made an amazing atmosphere because everyone was in awe of everything.






As the sun set the light played amongst the buildings and the courts, bouncing off every window or reflective surface and disappearing amongst the crowds as if it was playing a game of hide and seek.




Wimbledon is often thought of as just a ballot, only open for people who win, but it's not. There are plenty of grounds tickets that allow you to watch the games on the smaller, non ticketed, courts, you can also sit on Henman Hill where there is a massive screen to watch the bigger games. Wimbledon is not as exclusive as it is thought to be, that's what makes the atmosphere so great.






Let me know if you enjoyed this more photography based post and whether you would want more.

My blogpost schedule is a bit all over the place at the moment so you'll have to bare with me.
Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment