Tuesday 21 July 2015

A long weekend in Weston-Super-Mare

It has been exactly 5 weeks since my final exam, and 4 weeks since I broke up for holiday, which has meant I have had a lot of free time and if I am completely honest I have not been using it very wisely. So it was a great relief to be invited to go to Weston-Super-Mare with my aunt, uncle, grandparents and cousins as I was off-school earlier than usual and they often go away during term-time as it is often cheaper, less busy and just because they can as my cousins are only young.





Weston-Super-Mare is not well-known for its sandy beaches, they are instead rather pebbly and rocky, which is perfect for rock-pooling and paddling, which my cousins enjoyed immensely. It was a great challenge dragging them off the beach; away from the intriguing puddles of fresh sea water full of shells and pretty stones.






My cousins' very tiny feet and ankles soon got drenched as they paddled, splashed and ran through the water-filled craters that the sea had made, but it didn't lure them away, I think they would have stayed there until they struggled to walk with the weight of the water that had clung onto their clothes.






I think the beach was fascinating to them, they seemed in awe of the vast and seemingly endless horizon and the abundance of areas to explore.

In order to capture many of theses photos I had to squat, crouch and lie on the floor, which I think truly baffled them.






I adore taking photos of the sea and the beach because it is so photogenic but also, like my cousins, I get thrilled by what photo opportunities it offers. There is a limitless number of things to discover and capture in a photo or just in your memory.





Although the main point of going to Weston-Super-Mare was to be near the sea, we also visited Doniford farm, where we got to feed a lamb and got chased by turkeys (I didn't like that part so I hid behind my uncle). There were plenty of activities for both the adults, me (yes, I don't count as an adult yet) and my cousins. However, this farm was not just a typical British farm with typical British farm animals but also had animals such as coati's and a bearded dragon, this meant it kept us amused for most of the day. There were also some very cute ducklings that waddled around.


________________________________________


I have decided to take a different approach to my blog and use it instead as a creative outlet for my photos and memories, like a scrapbook. I feel this is what I enjoy the most and it doesn't put me under pressure, which had put me off recently. This means that my blogposts won't have a schedule and I will only post something that I think is worth posting, but I do enjoy writing these so the blog won't be deserted.


No comments:

Post a Comment