Thursday 18 December 2014

Christmas market festivities...




I'm pretty sure this market is here every single year, in the same place and the same style stalls, however this is the first year I have really started to join in on the festivities around my town. Last Thursday, when it was only a week to go until Christmas (yes, I was very aware), I went Christmas carolling with my friends. There was trumpets, saxophones, trombones, oboes and flutes playing the tune alongside around 20 carollers. We went lamppost to lamppost around this small area in the city and sung over 20 songs! I am so glad that I was invited to join in and I'm sure to make it an annual thing, I strongly recommend you do too!




The fairy lights, the green plants and red berries gave the area an amazing Christmas vibe. The smell of churros, dried fruit and mulled wine just made all my festivness bubble up to the surface and now I feel more festive than I ever did! However, I would never have enjoyed it half as much without my friends, so I recommend you, wait, I can do better, I dare you to gather a group of friends and host a Christmas party, go carolling or something smaller like Christmas shopping, start a tradition with your friends and join in on your town/village/city's festivities!






I think the cutest part of the market is that each stall had Christmas-themed names, but close to that is the little posters pinned to the side of the wooden stalls. I just think it was so cute how one named all of Santa's reindeer and another quoted some well-known carols. I just couldn't resist taking photos of them and neither could anyone else!






What can I say? It's a rainbow of macaroons. Another photo opportunity that I couldn't miss! Don't they all look so delicious? All the flavours and colours made me feel so hungry, and the smell was so gorgeous. 






I'm sure that this market travels around the UK and if not there's sure to be some sort of  Christmas market near to where you live. This is an ideal place to buy christmas presents and to get into the true Christmas spirit and even though a lot of you probably have already bought or made your gifts this is an option for next year or gifts for the people that are incredibly hard to shop for.
See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it was really nice there and it really got me in the Christmas spirit! I really like your blog. Thank you for commenting xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, i really like your Blog and i have nominated you for the 'Liebster award!' All the details are on my Blog: http://vogueisblue.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/liebster-award.html
    Catriona Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! check it out here for details!

    http://eatyourglitter.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete